Need some Help guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thechief

Nov 12, 2006
Hi there, my dad has a Woodcraft insert which was installed new when the house was built in 1982. The insert was first used last year after I installed a new Regency stove. I would like to make the insert more enjoyable for him though. It has 2 - 3.5" holes one on either side of the insert near the bottom of it and a louver out the front of the insert just above the top of it. The instruction manual states " 2 optional woodcraft fans (Model F-34 and F-34P 115v 60hz less than 1a) These fans are installed after the heater is fully installed." I was wondering if anyone would have any information where I could get these fans, how they are installed, or any information in general about the fans. I held a hair dryer down at one of the holes and the air coming over the top of the insert was nice. It would be a nice surprise to put a fan or two on it for dad and get more heat out of the insert. Any information is greatly appreciated. The insert is a Woodcraft Model number CT-07 Serial # - 70056-01-11 Thanks again.

Jason

thechief said:
Hi there, my dad has a Woodcraft insert which was installed new when the house was built in 1982. The insert was first used last year after I installed a new Regency stove. I would like to make the insert more enjoyable for him though. It has 2 - 3.5" holes one on either side of the insert near the bottom of it and a louver out the front of the insert just above the top of it. The instruction manual states " 2 optional woodcraft fans (Model F-34 and F-34P 115v 60hz less than 1a) These fans are installed after the heater is fully installed." I was wondering if anyone would have any information where I could get these fans, how they are installed, or any information in general about the fans. I held a hair dryer down at one of the holes and the air coming over the top of the insert was nice. It would be a nice surprise to put a fan or two on it for dad and get more heat out of the insert. Any information is greatly appreciated. The insert is a Woodcraft Model number CT-07 Serial # - 70056-01-11 Thanks again.

Jason

On my Regency, the fan is a separate unit that fits onto the bottom of the ash lip on the stove. The two blowers line up with the holes you describe on the bottom. Check here for a dealerthat may have the optional blower for you model stove.
http://www.regency-fire.com/

Thank you for your response Big V. I went to the Regency site but nothing there. Once again its an older insert with 2 - 3.5" holes one on either side of the insert that has a screen over the holes. Its a round hole.

thechief said:
Thank you for your response Big V. I went to the Regency site but nothing there. Once again its an older insert with 2 - 3.5" holes one on either side of the insert that has a screen over the holes. Its a round hole.

Put up a picture of the holes in the insert. I will compare them to the blower fans and mounting on my old Sierra insert that I just took out of the fireplace. Where is the switch supposed to be located for the fans?

thechief said:

Jason,

Go to http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/dept.asp?d_id=4855 click on the red overhear 'contact' & explain your requirements. And ask them for a referral if they do not have a blower assembly that can be substituted.

Try the same thing at Grainger www.grainger.com/

But if I were you, & the surround would permit, I would punch out those 3-1/2" holes to a larger size in order to get more air & increase the odds of finding a blower. ;-)

Dave

The best bet is if you are slightly handy and getting ahold of the Grainger catalog. Just FYI, Grainger provides fans in bulk to many OEM manufacturers, who then modify them for their needs. This sounds like a square computer-type fans - two of them wired together. You should use a relatively high-temp wire (easily available) and perhaps a piece of metal box conduit for connecting the two....

Status
Not open for further replies.