Need tech specs for auger speeds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skippytcg

Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Central, MA
I replaced my auger motor, first time in 14 years, on my whitfield advantage stove, serial wh-85565. My question now is if I have to check the auger speeds that my control board sends out and where do I find them. The stove appears to be running ok, but burn rate is not as good. i know part of it is that I ran out of my normal pellets, New Englands, and have had to burn other brands. But BTU on same setting are very much lower, IE: 10 degrees cooler on same setting with New England. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

skippytcg said:
I replaced my auger motor, first time in 14 years, on my whitfield advantage stove, serial wh-85565. My question now is if I have to check the auger speeds that my control board sends out and where do I find them. The stove appears to be running ok, but burn rate is not as good. i know part of it is that I ran out of my normal pellets, New Englands, and have had to burn other brands. But BTU on same setting are very much lower, IE: 10 degrees cooler on same setting with New England. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim
there is only one speed of the auger and the motor is 1RPM
it is the Feed off and on times that change the feed rate
The large PDF file on my website has all the feed times for each kind of stove

Thank you for that, I did find that and have printed same. If i set position 1 will it automatically adjust for all positions. I guess in time i will have to spend the $300 and upgrade to the solid state, but for now I have the rotary controls and 3 pots on the side. Any idea what each does. They are verticle, I assume, one is for fan control , one is for auger time but I don't know what the 3rd on is for.

skippytcg said:
Thank you for that, I did find that and have printed same. If i set position 1 will it automatically adjust for all positions. I guess in time i will have to spend the $300 and upgrade to the solid state, but for now I have the rotary controls and 3 pots on the side. Any idea what each does. They are verticle, I assume, one is for fan control , one is for auger time but I don't know what the 3rd on is for.

The trim pots for for the low setting and thermostat LOW mode
one for the low auger fee
combustion blower speed
and convection blower speed.
for low mode only
best to leave at the 12 oclock position

Status
Not open for further replies.