Need to go through a wall right next to the ceiling......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lajaw

Nov 7, 2014
MO Ozarks
I would like to install a wood burning cookstove in my kitchen. I can't go through the ceiling/roof so I must go out the side of the house. But the house is made of granite. I do have a vent hole above a window right next to the ceiling. But to do that I need a 90° turn from the stove to the outside. Being next to the ceiling, I'll need Class A pipe. But I can't find a Class A 90°. Is there a source for this out there? Or is there a different way to go about this?

The largest angle elbow in class A chimney pipe is 30º. Can you post a sketch of the window and stove location with dimensions included? A picture would help too.

I've learned on the forum that the U.S. market doesn't offer the sharper angles in class-A pipe. I'm not sure why, but here in Japan we have 45s and 90s in class-A. I use 90s in both my home and cabin and without them getting thru the wall would be difficult.