Need wood in Connecticut..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heem

Dec 13, 2008
Connecticut
I think I may have offended my regular wood guy by telling him that his wood was a little green this year... He hasnt returned my calls and I need some more wood.. Anyone have a good supplier in the Central-Eastern Connecticut (I'm in East Hampton) area that can get me a cord or 2 on the quick?

Thanks

Jim

Wow! You wait til the 1st week of January to get wood? Are you burning this wood now?

Well, He was supposed to bring me my 3 cords in the beginning of the season.. brought me one, said he'd bring the next one next weeks later.. never heard from him..now I need more and I cant get him to return my calls.

if you can afford it, buy two year's supply when you find a decent price, and stay at least a year ahead so you won't have to worry about sensitive suppliers or unseasoned wood anymore.

You could try Baldi Construction in Colchester. I think they have an ad in the back of the RiverEast for plowing or excavating. If you call the number and speak with Rich Baldi, He'd probably sell you some seasoned wood.

Thanks guys. I called Ken from the first craigslist ad posted in the thread. Seems a nice guy and is bringing a cord tommorow. $225 + 20 delivery puts it a bit more pricey than anyone else in the area at $200 flat, but he swears it's the best wood anyone is selling, period. We'll see.

Here some advise a friend of mine had someone take allot of wood from his stack and was not happy about it a a week later we saw the power company taken down trees and went to collect some we pulled up on some wood and it was some dead standing sugar maple dry as a bone we loaded it up burns great , anyway we have spotted allot more dead stuff thats down on the side of the highway and city roads so keep an eye out and maybe you'll get lucky... or you can always buy some bundles from the grocery store..LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.