new 441

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepmedic

Burning Hunk
Mar 7, 2012
Cashton, WI
I finally got a chance to spend a few days cutting with my new Stihl 441cm I bought around Easter time and let me say I am very impressed !

I cut about 18 cords this past winter with my 290 and I thought that thing was awesome, but wow. I can cut a truck load of wood with one tank of fuel in the 441, cuts faster, cleaner, and I am way less tired at the end of the day. 18-22" trees are no problem as its like cutting warm butter. I have noticed that my arms are less tired, my back hurts less, and I can process wood way more efficiently than before. The inside of the saw stays much cleaner as well as it shoots the shavings with way more force. As much as I like my 290, I think its going to get some well deserved rest :)

I can honestly say with the 20" bar the 441 screams and I am VERY happy with the investment.

Reactions: onetracker
Thats a very good choice in saws. How you like the fuel mileage on it?

Nice saw, glad you are happy with it! I to just recently purchased a 70 cc saw and it is crazy how much faster they cut!

I am really impressed with the fuel consumption. It seems to cut more wood than my 290 on a tank, but Im not sure if it just seems like it because it cuts faster and I can cut more wood in the same time :)

I am really impressed with the fuel consumption. It seems to cut more wood than my 290 on a tank, but Im not sure if it just seems like it because it cuts faster and I can cut more wood in the same time :)

It with out question will make more rounds per tank. I would love to match up a 460 and a 441 at the same time and see where there both at after an hour. If I was to bet it would be on the 441.

I finally got a chance to spend a few days cutting with my new Stihl 441cm I bought around Easter time and let me say I am very impressed !

.... I can cut a truck load of wood with one tank of fuel in the 441, cuts faster, cleaner, and I am way less tired at the end of the day. 18-22" trees are no problem as its like cutting warm butter. I have noticed that my arms are less tired, my back hurts less, and I can process wood way more efficiently than before. ...

And they say we're crazy recommending pro saws for firewood cutters......

And they say we're crazy recommending pro saws for firewood cutters......

I think there is a difference among "firewood cutters." Those of us who cut 25+ cord per year as a hobby, and those who cut 1 cord a year for the fireplace.

Pro Saws are where its at and are needed for some folks even if we are not logging for living.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing :)

Against my better judgement, I ran my BIL's 441. Me likely, but oddly, not enough to actually want to go out and buy one. We were only zipping through some 8"-10" stuff and it didn't seem that much faster than my 361...I'm sure it would have put on a clinic in 20"+ wood though.

I've been looking at this saw. Still haven't decided yet. Probably will just keep using what's been working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.