New Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided to clear this trail so I can get this Beech, attached are some pictures of the trail before and after also the Beech.

The third picture is the trail with a small hard maple then up the hill is a punky beech and the second picture is looking down after going up to the beech after the trail was cleared.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_0622.jpg
    100_0622.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_0621.jpg
    100_0621.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 191
Zapny, how much land do you have? You post pics of a new section of woods three times a day! In addition to all the down wood, I think you have a lot of trees that could be thinned to allow the best ones to grow faster. There are many years of heat in those woods.

Wood Duck said:
Zapny, how much land do you have? You post pics of a new section of woods three times a day! In addition to all the down wood, I think you have a lot of trees that could be thinned to allow the best ones to grow faster. There are many years of heat in those woods.

The thinning will start this summer, I do wish I had more time during the week then I could make a big difference. I enjoy looking at the pictures from all over the country on this site plus putting some up.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.