New BK Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete97

Aug 29, 2006
Pittsburgh Pa
Picked up my new BK Insert today. It is currently sitting in the back of my truck waiting to be installed in the house we are moving to on Saturday. The dealer I bought it off of said that I might not need to put a stainless steel liner in my Chimney. What do you guys think ??? It is a masonry chimney built about 20yrs ago and was inspected and is in good shape. Thanks Pete

Do what ya wanna do but lining my 20 year old chimneys was the best thing wood burning wise I ever did. The difference in draft and labor lugging that beast out of the family room fireplace every year to clean the chimney has been priceless.

Line it.

I was planning on lining it. It might take me some time to get to it so hopefully it stays warm. I hate paying the gas company !!!!!

First off congrats! :)
A friend 2 streets over installed a princess insert this last October and I believe it has already paid for itself?

Their January gas bill was $160 this year and last year it was just under $700! And is now much warmer.

I think not lining it is a false economy!

And you went big with the stove so make sure it has optimal draft

Its also piece of mind, safety wise. ;-) which to me is reason #1

Status
Not open for further replies.