New Costco kindling box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarack

Oct 27, 2011
Northwest USA
Picked this up at Costco a couple of weeks ago. My wife sure thinks it looks alot better than the cardboard box I had been using. I have to agree. IIRC its copper plated and cost @ $50.

Attachments

• KindlingBox.jpg
    KindlingBox.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,829
velvetfoot said:
That is very neat kindling you have!

Better not show this to my wife, I'll have to produce neat kindling and a nice box ;-)

nice lookin kindling tub ya got there and very neat kindling too! x2 on not showing this to my wife....I can hear the nagging now

Very nice.
Nice bundle of kindling too.

Very nice. I'll need to look into one as my wife is on me about my cardboard boxes for the kindling... :)

I keep broken gnarled sticks in 5 gallon buckets.

seeyal8r said:
I keep broken gnarled sticks in 5 gallon buckets.
I do the same.
Also, I keep any spit shards I get after splitting a pile of rounds (maul for me).
I actually keep most of it in a pickup truck bed box. It came with the used pickup truck I bought early this year. (I removed it to make more use of the 8 ft bed.)

I like the copper look, but not the price. I found one almost exactly the same made of galv. for a buck at a garage sale.
I can't use it though, because the 1 yr. old lab pup LOVES chewing on the kindling.
I can't keep kindling in the house right now or the floor looks like my splitting area. :shut:

LOL my kindling box is a series of trash cans outside and a plastic storage container inside. I beter not have my wife see this either. Nice and neat, almost purdy to look at.... definately not my kindling setup.

Well, here is mine.

Anything but perfect. But is does the job.

And now my wife wants to know why I'm taking pictures of an old plastic bucket and posting it on the internet.

Replying, I just mention Hearth.com as if that makes it ok........ ;-)

Kindlingbucket.jpg

mrfjsf said:
nice lookin kindling tub ya got there and very neat kindling too! x2 on not showing this to my wife....I can hear the nagging now

I just hear the nagging from my missus nowadays. nothing else.

The copper looks very nice. I made mine out of some scrap paneling lumber. The kindling is cut to 15" and lays down flat in the box.

Attachments

• DSCN1888.jpg
    DSCN1888.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 423
For a while I was sticking my kindling in an old ceramic crock pot/beanhole bean pot that I found . . . but seeing as my woodbox has a place for kindling and the living room was getting cluttered I went back to using just my woodbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.