new daka wood burning furnace install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez I tell one guy I don't value his opinion people want to get all teary eyed about it. I thought this forum had mountain men on it not a bunch of boy scouts. Dude got snippy with me first. I've been banned many places not to concerned.

I'm far from a diy. I've been working in construction for over 10 years, I remodel houses, build custom bathrooms ect. I can read the manual the rules are pretty well laid out. I installed the replacement furnace and heat pump 2 months ago so I'm sure I'll be fine.

I think we should just wait and see "if" anyone chimes in with an answer that you want to listen to. Really what do we know about heating with wood anyway. Not like we spent countless hours installing our own and figuring out how they work and hundred of hours on here and other forums each year trying to help each other out.

You've been banned many places. You ever think that your the problem? Places don't go around banning people just for the fun of it.

As for you being far from a dyi. I'd hate to be the one who owns anything you work on. You clearly don't know how to follow codes or instructions.

Not 1 video was a good install, forget about perfect. None of these even followed the few rules in the Daka installation manual. But from the looks of the videos, it does seem to be your type of crowd.

There's very few videos on this specific model available. All I did was watch them I didn't make them. ... I assumed the setups in the video were kosher.

Your boy Wisneaky gave that video stamp of approval

Approved by Wisneaky. That could be catchy. That's the first good idea you've had this whole thread.

Anyone want to make me a stamper that says that?

I think we should just wait and see "if" anyone chimes in with an answer that you want to listen to. Really what do we know about heating with wood anyway. Not like we spent countless hours installing our own and figuring out how they work and hundred of hours on here and other forums each year trying to help each other out.

You've been banned many places. You ever think that your the problem? Places don't go around banning people just for the fun of it.

As for you being far from a dyi. I'd hate to be the one who owns anything you work on. You clearly don't know how to follow codes or instructions.

This is the bathroom I finished yesterday.

The last pic is of a floor I did last weekend

20150914_171018.jpg 20150914_171001.jpg 20150914_171010.jpg 20150914_170935.jpg 20150904_120628.jpg 20150913_143812.jpg

Reactions: velvetfoot
All I did was watch them I didn't make them. ... I assumed the setups in the video were kosher.
Boy, I bet your parents had a time with you as a kid! ;lol
Your boy Wisneaky gave that video stamp of approval
Yeah, but it's all relative. Compared to what you had planned those setups were kosher ::-)

Reactions: Wisneaky
Boy, I bet your parents had a time with you as a kid! ;lol
Yeah, but it's all relative. Compared to what you had planned those setups were kosher ::-)
I only agree the first one is kosher. Second one has all sorts of issues like only one duct, no clearance to combustibles.

::-)

Umm I didn't touch the ceiling but it's tile, so flat and smooth it probably looks like drywall if you don't click on it
What is behind the tile, regular drywall it looks like? Regular drywall isn't to be used behind a bathroom shower even if there is tile over it.

If you look at the cutout in the ceiling it looks like regular drywall.
It is.... pretty standard. I didn't install the ceiling ummm the contractor said no ceiling. Out of the 50 or so showers I've done in the past year maybe 2 had a tiled ceiling the rest painted drywall. .... here's one that is tiled

Attachments

• 20150717_112541.jpg
    20150717_112541.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.