New Harman Accentra 2 Pellet Stove Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dontilgon

Nov 10, 2017
New York
Hello all,

I've been looking to buy a pellet stove for years and my neighbor asked if I want to by his. It has a bunch of service records so I jumped on it without research. He charged me 400. Now I'm pretty handy around the house, plumping electric, carpentry but know nothing about pellet stoves. With that being said, I'm a little concerned about the install. (venting mostly) Its going in the corner and i built a platform. Going to do the trim and then I'm looking to figure out what kind of stone to put on top. Ultimately its going to be a corner mantel. Once the slab is put on I can set the pellet stove in its place. I looking to vent out the wall but have no clue of how to do so. Any guidance or procedure would be great. I have the install manual but its seams there a number of ways to vent. I have a raised ranch and it will be installed on the second floor.

IMG_6151.JPG
IMG_6152.JPG
IMG_6153.JPG
IMG_6153.JPG
IMG_6152.JPG
IMG_6151.JPG