New Harman Advance making noise. Please Help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afd92

Mar 25, 2008
Maine
I installed a Harman Advance pellet stove about a month ago, and it ran great until today when it starting making a loud high pitched noise every time the feeder chain was moving. I put wd40 on the moving parts but that didn't solve it.

Has anyone had this problem, or know what it is?

Thanks

Sounds like stove needs to be cleaned.

afd92 said:
I installed a Harman Advance pellet stove about a month ago, and it ran great until today when it starting making a loud high pitched noise every time the feeder chain was moving. I put wd40 on the moving parts but that didn't solve it.

Has anyone had this problem, or know what it is?

Thanks

Had that happen once two years ago. It was my combustion fan that was screaching. I have pets so there was quite a bit of dust and pet hairs that got sucked into the fins and air holes....cleaned everything out... including the fins that you see in back of the ashbox,,,,,and put a little lube.....the screaching worked itself out and ran quiet after that. If that doesn't work,,,,,maybe the motor is on it's way out?

Check the pellet feed auger. Sounds like you have buildup there in the burn pot. Give it a good cleaning as said above. Cresote builds up at the auger rotation point

I noticed the same noise this evening when I turned on my stove. I just had it installed yesterday...Harman XXV...and can't run it fully yet because I'm waiting for the fire inspector to do his thing. But a very loud and annoying sound coming everytime the feeder did it's thing. Any thoughts? Thanks

Fico, if its making all that noise after just being installed, something is loose or bent. Contact the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.