New Harman PB105 Received With Two Broken Wires

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
I bought a PB105 from a local dealer in late May and when my plumber installed it he noticed two wires had been damaged in shipping. I called the dealer and placed an order for the parts.

It's now 6 weeks later and I still haven't received the parts. I've called the dealer three times and have been told they don't know when the parts will come in. I've also send a letter to [email protected] about my having a new boiler that I can't use but I still haven't heard when I will receive my parts.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get a Thermistor probe (part # 3-20-00744) and an Aqua Temp Sensor (Part# 3-20-72180) or any other strategies to get my parts from Harman?

This has me wondering what's going to happen if something breaks on my boiler this winter. Am I going to have to wait several weeks for parts????

Thanks,
Andy

Harman seems to be having a lot of problems answering the phones right now. Leave a message and hope they call you back Maybe you are one of the lucky ones to actually take delivery before winter hits?

I tried Googling those part numbers and hit on a place that has a parts list with them on it. It's an off chance, but they might actually have one on the shelf. It's worth a call or E-mail to find out.

http://squierandcompany.com/

BTW, Google works well with just about any character string, including part numbers. I have found all kinds of oddball parts with The Google!

You might just try splicing the wires back together to see if it will work until you can get an answer out of Harman. I think they were just sold and I suspect that there are a lot of people in the same boat. Just be glad you aren't looking for Vermont Castings parts...

Chris

Thanks for the info. I was able to order the Exhaust Probe Sensor and hopefully I'll get it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.