New Hearth/Surround Project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I have just finished up - basically some concrete board that stands off the wall about two inches and then pre-cast stone that is cemented on to that - going to trim out with some old beams

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 226
  • woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 199
kayakkeith said:
Here is what I have just finished up - basically some concrete board that stands off the wall about two inches and then pre-cast stone that is cemented on to that - going to trim out with some old beams

Looks really good; if I had time, I would cover the wall as well. I have enough left over stone to go up 4+ feet. Maybe next summer...we'll see.

How did you anchor the cement board to the wall w/ a 2' gap?

basically cut long strips of the concrete board and stacked two or so together- then used long screws to anchor into the studs in wall vertically
so basically you have concrete board strip studs to mount the board onto

it might be more like 1 and a half inches but there is a good air gap there

Status
Not open for further replies.