New Install - Napoleon 1402

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JoplinPreacher

Sep 11, 2018
Joplin, Missouri
Hey all! I appreciate all of the helpful information on this forum. In September, I bought a used Napoleon 1402. This weekend, I finally got it installed. Put a liner from the stove to the the roof, but I had a hard time connecting the liner to the stove. My fireplace seems to have two lintels - one just under the bricks on the face, and one just behind that. So the top of the flue on the stove is directly under that second lintel, and I only have about 6” of clearance. After purchasing an offset adapter, it’s all hooked up and ready to go. Had the first fire in it the other night, and it just about cooked us out of the house, even with the damper closed all the way. I am very pleased with the heat output - it had small coals and still putting out some heat even 24 hours later. A vast improvement from the old heatilator! I’m excited to burn this stove this winter!

Hey all! I appreciate all of the helpful information on this forum. In September, I bought a used Napoleon 1402. This weekend, I finally got it installed. Put a liner from the stove to the the roof, but I had a hard time connecting the liner to the stove. My fireplace seems to have two lintels - one just under the bricks on the face, and one just behind that. So the top of the flue on the stove is directly under that second lintel, and I only have about 6” of clearance. After purchasing an offset adapter, it’s all hooked up and ready to go. Had the first fire in it the other night, and it just about cooked us out of the house, even with the damper closed all the way. I am very pleased with the heat output - it had small coals and still putting out some heat even 24 hours later. A vast improvement from the old heatilator! I’m excited to burn this stove this winter!
Looks great you do need more floor protection in front though

Will a hearth extender work? Just ember protection?
I am not sure what your stove requires. With the raised hearth it is probably just ember protection