New install, window too close?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cwfirefighter01

Nov 22, 2021
Kentucky
Pardon me but I’m new here. I saw this post and thought it would be a good place to sake this question. I’m installing a new Drolet Columbia II stove in a corner. The card board cut out on floor is where the stove will be. Will this window be to close to the stove? I know that the blind may need to be changed to something that wont melt but what about the window?

image.jpg

Pardon me but I’m new here. I saw this post and thought it would be a good place to sake this question. I’m installing a new Drolet Columbia II stove in a corner. The card board cut out on floor is where the stove will be. Will this window be to close to the stove? I know that the blind may need to be changed to something that wont melt but what about the window?

View attachment 293677
I have a tag on the back of my stove that shows clearances required. And then you would have to consider if the floor is combustible. Its wise to assume everything as combustible if you didn’t build it yourself.
I was using the brick platform for the wood stove to help get the moisture out of wood. I had some some wood that was further along in the decomposition process. First day damp and the 2nd day directly across from the top of the wood stove the wood pile started turning black and trying to smolder its way to life. Wood stoves runs about 700 degrees and was about 18 inches away. If anyone complains of a sweet pungent smell when the stove is 500 degrees plus it’s more than likely something taking on heat that shouldn’t be. Kind of a syrup smell with a touch of burning engine coolant.

8D029B42-5A60-4B4B-B527-55990E2381CC.jpeg 1F17A6A5-B908-4B26-B67D-FC16F29B2F8F.jpeg

The manual of the stove should list the minimum clearances from walls. There should be nothing within those clearances, whether it be swaying drapes, the trim of the windows, the wall itself, etc within those minimum clearances listed.