New Load - No Saw Needed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red oak

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2011
northwest Virginia
This is a load of wood I got from the National Forest last weekend. Pieces were already cut and left about 20 paces from the road. Very solid oak! I saw this a couple of weeks ago and kept thinking that someone would come for them. Well someone did - but it was me! After a couple of weeks I figured they were fair game - and it is on public land after all! Easiest load I've gotten in a long time!

DSC02980.JPG

DSC02981.JPG

Now that's "almost " easy firewood.
Nice load ;)

Still needs handled a few times, split & stacked.
Well maybe " easy " is a long stretch, but a good score none the less :)

Nice! Great view of the WV line ya got there. Got any ramps (wild leeks)?

That's *almost* as easy flipping on the gas furnace! Nice find!

Nice! Great view of the WV line ya got there. Got any ramps (wild leeks)?

Thanks Osage - yes that is the WV line there - it's a gorgeous view especially in the fall. Dad used to collect ramps when I was a kid (on both sides of the state line). He put it in so many different foods that it turned me against them - they can be a bit overpowering!

Ailanthus - turning on the gas may be easier but collecting wood like this is definitely more fun!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Gotta love an easy score like that! Great view at your home!

Ray

The only way that would've been easier is if they would split and stack it for you, then come back in October and load it in your stove! ;lol Good score!

Now I remember where I left those rounds :confused:.

Nice score.;)

Reactions: raybonz
Gonna change your name to white oak? >>
"He waits....he SCORES!" ==c

Wheels are in motion to score a fresh Red Oak I saw that fell over. It was leaning and we got a saturating rain a couple of days ago. I'll have to cut it up, though. We can't all be as lucky as you are. ;lol

Wow Red Oak. You fell into a good one there!

Status
Not open for further replies.