New mortarless brick for walls behind/surrounding wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosencra38

Jun 17, 2008
West Michigan
Hi,

I just had my new Quadrafire 4300 installed last week and I was thinking about putting brick up on the walls behind (stove is in a corner) the woodstove. I've looked at Lowes & Menards over the weekend and neither of them carry regular bricks anymore they are all carrying the mortarless bricks from novabrik, novabrik.com. I like the simplicity of this bricking solution but wondered how well it might work in this type of situation?

If your stove's already installed, then the required clearances to combustibles have presumably been met. You can put any non-combustible material behind/around your stove you want. Rick

You are only going to do this masonry work once, so choose the best for the long haul. Besides, how it affects the value of your home and your pride of ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.