New noise from my circulation pump.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
One of my circulation pumps, the one that runs the most, is making a new noise. Just fired the system up yesterday. It has not made this noise in the past. Kind of sounds like a light grinding. Has eight full seasons completed. Just above the boiler and circulates boiler water to storage tank.

It is a TACO-IFC.
FBCC1F6A-C1D3-4CE4-B74C-33AC23F1FF05.jpeg

I don’t know much about them.
Any ideas? Time for replacement or maintenance?

It seems to be moving water though? I had one stick once after sitting the summer. Any chance a bit of air got into it and can't get out? Could be on it's way out, not sure. Could have picked up a spec of dirt too.

Reactions: Gasifier
Ya. Definitely still moving water, because I’m heating the storage tank no problem. Not sure to tell you the truth. A smidge quieter this morning. But noise still there.