New pig as of today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg M

Apr 28, 2010
NC
Just finished stacking 6 tons in the shed (added to the half ton already there) and had 2 tons placed on the porch. That 8.5 tons should last me about 5 years.

There's a small local mill about 2-2.5 hours from here and had them deliver 10 tons with a flatbed that had a forklift. A friend's father bought the other 2 tons. This was the best way to spread out the delivery charge which was a flat $240.

I drove up there last year and bought 1 ton to try them out. I liked them so I bought in bulk this year. After taxes and delivery it came out to just under $210 per ton. That's great for the Charlotte area because hardly anyone sells pellets and those that do charge a lot for them.

Congrats on becoming a piggy....OINK!

Just curious....what brand are the pellets? hardwood or soft, etc, etc?

Softwood
Piedmont Pellets

I used Hammers last year and had to keep the setting on 1 most of the time. Even at that it would sometimes get too hot. Switched to these the end of January and I had more control over the temperature. Very little ash with these and less clinkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.