New regency i3100 broken weld

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

matrix961

Jan 13, 2017
Just got this thing installed on Jan 16th. Now that the weather has been warm I let it cool to look it over and clean it out before next cold snap. I noticed this on the plate where the blower air comes out. The plate looks warped now that it has cooled. The highest Ive had this was 650 measured just above door in the center with a handheld temp gun. I also have a thermometer on the upper right corner just above the door thats pretty close to my temp gun reading. Ive tried to be careful with this thing and never had it over that checking it frequently and never saw any glowing metal like the manual says to watch out for. Nothing else is warped, I did the dollar bill test with the door and its nice and tight. Im going to call the dealer tomorrow. Anyone seen anything like this on the i3100? I took a flashlight and dont see any cracks inside the box that I can see.

Pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 165
Doesn't looked cracked as much as it looks like someone missed the mark with a weld. I'd definitely have the dealer involved.

Doesn't looked cracked as much as it looks like someone missed the mark with a weld. I'd definitely have the dealer involved.
Yeah it looks more like it pulled away from the top to me when I look at it. The lower weld looks like its still attached.

It is hard to tell from the pic but call your dealer if there is a problem they should be able to get it taken care of under warantee easily

I just had the same stove installed on Feb 11th. I'll have to look at mine if I can figure out where that picture is on my stove.

I just had the same stove installed on Feb 11th. I'll have to look at mine if I can figure out where that picture is on my stove.
As you look at the stove it's the left and right cutouts where the blower air comes out. Just below the top of stove. The pic is of the left from mine.

Another question for you: do you notice any difference with the damper rod in open vs. closed? We did our initial burn this last weekend and once the fire got going I had now way to shut it down. Pushing the rod to fully closed did nothing. I also noticed the rod had duct tape which preventing it from pulling out fully. Once I removed that I can pull the rod open quite a ways. Still no difference though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Another question for you: do you notice any difference with the damper rod in open vs. closed? We did our initial burn this last weekend and once the fire got going I had now way to shut it down. Pushing the rod to fully closed did nothing. I also noticed the rod had duct tape which preventing it from pulling out fully. Once I removed that I can pull the rod open quite a ways. Still no difference though.
Yes there should be a difference in the flame. When I close my air down pushing the rod in the flames are reduced down. You may need to call the installer about that. You need to have the air control working. Is the door seal good? You can open door and put a dollar bill between door, close it then pull the bill out. It shouldn't come out to easily, should be fairly tight.

Figured out my runaway fire problem. I had the door handle twisted completely clockwise. Was looking at it and thought it was a stupid design to put the handle there and then the light bulb came on. Twisted that thing counter clockwise and that flame nearly shut down to nothing. My damper rod works now too. It was just getting all kinds of air through the door with the handle in the wrong position. I bet that's a position for starting the fire.