new stove, boiler questions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdrew

Jun 4, 2008
Maine
www.chrisdrew.net
I have an oil boiler, pellet stove, and a wood stove (dutchwest 264ccl) that needs some repair. The oil and wood stove each have their own flu's going up the chimney. THe repairs to the dutchwest are going to be ~$400 bucks to complete, and I found the btu output was only 26k. What would people put in place of the wood stove.? A new wood stove? A wood boiler add-on? I would love to replace the whole system, but just don't have the budget at this time. FYI, with the pellet stove I used ~ 1000 gal of oil last year for a house that's ~3000 sq. ft. All heating solutions are in the basement at this time.

Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.