New stove for me this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

They Call Me Pete

Burning Hunk
Nov 18, 2007
CT
Trading up to the Hearthstone Heritage :) . Landed a new job and this is a gift to myself for no longer being self employed. Anyone looking for a Avalon Rainer 90 ?? Good little stove but after seeing neighbors Mansfield(also many nights drinking by it) totally fell in love with soap stones.

Another defector from steel stoves. My oh my. What is the world coming to. >:-( Before you know it Argentina is gonna run out of rocks.

BrotherBart said:
Another defector from steel stoves. My oh my. What is the world coming to. >:-( Before you know it Argentina is gonna run out of rocks.

Just "don't cry for me Argentina" :lol:

I won't tell you what the world is coming to :bug:

Congrats on the stove and the employment Pete. Steel is real but soap stone sure is pretty.

They Call Me Pete said:
BrotherBart said:

Just "don't cry for me Argentina" :lol:

I won't tell you what the world is coming to :bug:

Terry Gilliam already did in "Brazil", (where I think Acaiaca soapstone comes from).

BeGreen said:
Terry Gilliam already did in "Brazil", (where I think Acaiaca soapstone comes from).

See how much us steel stove guys know about soapstone. :lol:

Being an ole cast_steel guy I hesitate to claim much here. Truth be told, I had to look it up again. In a dusty corner of my memory somewhere I remembered reading that Hearthstone (Hergom Spain) got its soapstone from Brazil.

Yep, Hearthstone rock comes from Brazil and Woodstock rock comes from Canada. Welcome to the rock side Pete.

Bunch of stoners if you ask me. LOL :coolgrin:

BeGreen said:
Bunch of stoners if you ask me. LOL :coolgrin:

Yeah man and can ya pass the chips I'm hungry :)

I pretty excited about the new stove/job. Maybe later today we might go to look at them and get a price. Of course more rain id forecasted for today.

They Call Me Pete said:
I pretty excited about the new stove/job.

May you have both and they serve you well for a long, long time. Well, until you get tired of one or the other and get another one at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.