New stove install tomorrow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie 08

Jan 3, 2008
Central Indiana
All set to have the buckstove model 51 installed tomorrow with full liner if the weather coroporates (supposed to be scattered storms). The weather has been in the 60s-70s all week but Sat and Sunday highs are supposed to be low 40s with lows in the low 30s. If the install gets done tomorrow I hope to be able to fire it up on Sat if it is that cold. Would this be alright?

its your stove, why are you asking if its allright to light it? if its cold, and your cold, and you got wood, go for it

Yeah go ahead and fire tht baby up and enjoy. Just say'en there predicting rain and possible ice storms this weekend here...so our stove will be pumping out heat too.

...btw just check your owners manual and follow the instructions for break in fires.

I live in Muncie I will be using mine all weekend. I have had the furnace off since the beginning of March and I still make a fire at about 8:00 p.m. every night and the heat carries me till the next night. You should be able to get a little use out of it.

If what you're asking is something along the lines of, "The installation's being done professionally, and they, in fact, pulled a permit for it, and although the install might get done tomorrow, it's doubtful that the requisite inspection will get done until next week...is it OK for me to burn in my stove before the inspection's completed?"...the answer to that has to come from the permitting/inspecting authority (in my case, the county). When I called and asked, as my new stove installation was complete but the inspection was scheduled a couple of days out, the girl on the phone there started to say something like, "Well, technically...", and I just said nevermind, because I still had my old stove in place, so no big deal, and I really didn't want to listen to a bunch of bureaucratic rhetoric. The inspector who came to look at the new installation a couple of days later said words to the effect of, "Hey, it's your house, we're not gonna tell you what you can and can't do in it, and I wish those folks on the office phones would just say YES, it's OK." Rick

Well it's 40* here now and after the LP beast kicked on I decided to fire up the QF4300st with some punky poplar...the best is quiet and life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.