New stove, New owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdoc

Feb 23, 2015
Otsego county NY
Good to hear it worked out for you. That's a nice stove.
Are there locking straps on the chimney elbows? There should be. There is a lot of leverage with that much pipe above the elbows. I'd even be tempted to make a custom support bracket off the soffit. I suspect that the roof support bracket won't stop lateral movement.

I know nothing about this stove. Although a nice looking setup, those curtains, seem really really close! Maybe some heat shields on the walls behind?

I know nothing about this stove. Although a nice looking setup, those curtains, seem really really close! Maybe some heat shields on the walls behind?
We had it installed to single wall specs but use double wall pipe for extra safety. Clearances calls for 6 inches, we have 11. The curtains have been moved.

Glad to hear that. Curtains can be particularly flammable unless they are fiberglass.

Congrats! Sure to be a great heater.

How has the new stove been? We just built a new home and also have a T6. We are planning our first burn on Friday this week. Any hints or suggestions? How bad was the odor during the first few fires?
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kingdoc
How has the new stove been? We just built a new home and also have a T6. We are planning our first burn on Friday this week. Any hints or suggestions? How bad was the odor during the first few fires?
View attachment 167139
The first 2 or 3 fires were stinky, not as bad as i thought it would be but enough to give me a headache... definitely open a few windows for the first few fires. this stove is my first so I don't know what to compare it too. it get my 2800 square foot house very warm and my wood is only marginal (about 20-25% moisture). The heat goes right up the stairs easy but we use a Vornado fan to move the heat to the kitchen 50 feet away from the stove. works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.