New supplier selling Atmos and EKO boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the owner of CT Green Heat?

No idea. I just saw an add they had on ebay. I don't know if they are importing the EKO's directly or getting them from Zennon like everyone else. As far as I know they are the only ones with Atmos now.

someone mentioned this outfit a while back- and I recall coming away with the impression, if I remember correctly (note that I said "if"), that they were bringing in bulk batches from "kotly.com"

nothing particularly wrong with that, _as long as_ you realize that it's what's referred to in other fields as "grey market" and your warranty has only the depth/ longevity of the indirect importer- not the OEM mfgr, unless you get something credible in writing from the manufacturer saying otherwise

I don't know how you contact these people(Atmos), maybe carrier pidgeon. I have called on the phone, there is never an answer. I have asked a question for seller on Ebay regarding what kind of heat exchanger the Atmos has. No answer. It appears it is direct radiation into the boiler walls per their picture. It would be nice to not have to guess though. The Atmos has a very attractive price, a dealer that can't be found when needing parts etc. isn't so attractive, Randy Please note, Rich from Con.GreenHeat got back to me on Ebay & because of Ebays format change this did not show up. He explained that the Atmos has a heat exchanger in the back of the unit & is much more than just heat going into a water tank like it appeared. Now if they would just answer their phone it seems like they have a nice gassifier for very little more than a regular cast iron sectional boiler.

I contacted Atmos and they say they don't sell in the US. Then they go on saying they have a dealer in Canada and one in Alaska..... Last time I checked Alaska was still part of the US :) Here is their email.

Hello,
We do not have established partner in the U.S.A. Below see contact
information to our partners for Canada and Alaska. They could help you
by getting boiler to you.

Pauls Mechanical Construction
P.O.BOX 520812
Big Lake, Alaska 99652
USA
tel: +19078929054
GSM +420776 445 737
[email protected]

or

Advanced Biotechnology
2 East Lake Way, P.O.Box 3637
Airdrie, Alberta T4B 2B8
Kanada
tel: 0014039127424
fax: 0014039484780
email: [email protected]

pybyr said:
someone mentioned this outfit a while back- and I recall coming away with the impression, if I remember correctly (note that I said "if"), that they were bringing in bulk batches from "kotly.com"

nothing particularly wrong with that, _as long as_ you realize that it's what's referred to in other fields as "grey market" and your warranty has only the depth/ longevity of the indirect importer- not the OEM mfgr, unless you get something credible in writing from the manufacturer saying otherwise

I dont like "GREY MARKET" stuff, how true is this with wood boilers? I live in CT and am looking at EKO, and have talked ot this guy already. He has an Atmos up and running, not an EKO. I just dont want to buy somethign that wont be backed by the maufacturer later....

CTGREENHEAT is a small operation run by two brothers, I have been to their facility and spoke with them previously at a fair. They seem like honest people, Rich has an EKO 40 with storage at his house. The Atmos looks like a high quality unit, built in the Chezk Republic. The two drawbacks I noted are the lack of turbulators to clean the exchangers and no variable/idle/adjustable fan controller like the EKO and Biomass, so they would be best with storage.

I bought an Atmos 25s from CT Green Heat about 3 weeks ago. Rich and his brother Ed were good people to deal with. I like the Atmos, I've been running it at night and on the colder days we are haveing.
The reason I bought it are #1 price, #2 there isn't a thing about it that I can't fix myself. It's all pretty basic.

A gassifier for less than HALF the price of a Tarm.

I really like the look and price of the Atmos. I had no idea there were so many manufacturers of gasifiers in Europe. The diversity is amazing. I think the simplistic controller it has could be overcome by using the rk2001u controller that the biomass and eko boilers come with now. Just a thought. The controllers only run about $240 from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.