New to forum- 5502M Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M&M

Dec 28, 2013
Olathe, KS
Purchased the 5502M Pellet Stove at Tractor Supply in November. It ran fine twice, now we have error 2. We set it up with a 3 inch pipe as installation instructions. Then we have an adapter from 3 inch to a 8 inch pipe that goes up the brick chimney. This pipe was used for a wood burning stove. I called US Stove and they told me that I need to run a 4 inch pipe up the 8 inch pipe so the backdraft will be correct. How do you install this pipe? Will it correct the problem?

Well assuming you not empty on fuel err 2 code I don't know if it is a draft issue is your auger jam or even working? Or did it overload the burn pot and go out or is it not putting enough fuel in to the pot.

Well assuming you not empty on fuel err 2 code I don't know if it is a draft issue is your auger jam or even working? Or did it overload the burn pot and go out or is it not putting enough fuel in to the pot.
Yes the burn pot fills up, it lights, fire is good. The draft fan runs and then the room fan kicks in. That is when the error 2 kicks in. The pellets are dry and it appears that the aug is working correctly.

Yes the burn pot fills up, it lights, fire is good. The draft fan runs and then the room fan kicks in. That is when the error 2 kicks in. The pellets are dry and it appears that the aug is working correctly.

Hi, I am getting he same Err code as soon as the room fan kicks on my 5502m, no idea why, did your problem resolve?

We talked with US Stove company again about the error 2. Told them that no one would work on the stove. They would install the 4 inch piping up the chimney for $500 for the kit, not including the installation charge. But, they would not hook it to the stove. When I talked with US Stove they said it should fix the problem, but it was possible that the error could still happen. If it did, then we would have to take the piping out of the chimney and hire someone to cut a hole in the chimney only about 4 to 6 feet up and redo all the piping. So, we call Tractor Supply to let them know what the additional charges were going to be to maybe get the pellet stove working. They allow us to return the pellet stove to the store. So, we did fix the problem. We return the US Stove King 5502M stove back to Tractor Supply. We will not purchase another stove from US Stove company.

We talked with US Stove company again about the error 2. Told them that no one would work on the stove. They would install the 4 inch piping up the chimney for $500 for the kit, not including the installation charge. But, they would not hook it to the stove. When I talked with US Stove they said it should fix the problem, but it was possible that the error could still happen. If it did, then we would have to take the piping out of the chimney and hire someone to cut a hole in the chimney only about 4 to 6 feet up and redo all the piping. So, we call Tractor Supply to let them know what the additional charges were going to be to maybe get the pellet stove working. They allow us to return the pellet stove to the store. So, we did fix the problem. We return the US Stove King 5502M stove back to Tractor Supply. We will not purchase another stove from US Stove company.

Thanks, Im heading that way soon, this stove has been a nightmare.

So, we call Tractor Supply to let them know what the additional charges were going to be to maybe get the pellet stove working. They allow us to return the pellet stove to the store. So, we did fix the problem. We return the US Stove King 5502M stove back to Tractor Supply. We will not purchase another stove from US Stove company.

Sorry you had the trouble but glad you "fixed" the problem - good solution;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.