New to pellet stoves with some questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

slayerx

Nov 12, 2018
ma
Im new on here been lurking before joining though. I have a pleasant hearth ph35ps that i bought used off of facebook market place, I installed it myself with duravent 3 inch pellet vent pipe. it is installed in the corner with an appliance connector to a 45° then 2 ' horizontal run to a cleanout tee and the vertical run of 9' with a rain cap on top, i installed the OAK aswell.

since i bought it used i took it completly apart and cleaned it as it was filled with tons of dirt and pet hair in the cabinet, i cleaned the exhaust and all other fans, gave the cabinet a few coats of high temp paint.
now my question is since its trim was set to -1 and not knowing exactly what a lazy flame looks like etc i came to ask you all if this flame looks right to you, im burning new england wood pellets right now and this morning when cleaning the burn pot the ash in it was sort of stuck together not all fluffy ash and i noticed some black spects on my door glass but they came off easy with just a damp paper towel.
here is a picture of it burning just a few minutes ago with my trim reset to 0. second picture is of it running last night. and a video of it burning aswell. thanks in advance for any info you can give me

Attachments

• 20181112_143739.jpg
    20181112_143739.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 100
  • 20181111_195137.jpg
    20181111_195137.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181112_145136.mp4
    13.7 MB · Views: 93
Last edited: