New to the Forum - Crown Royal 7400MP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: jblnut
We rent land from a guy that had a stroke a few years back and have been helping him make his firewood. Pops and I spent today splitting wood today for him and filling his basement. No idea how many cord but we split about nonstop for 6hrs. No idea why he's cut these pieces into 12' long pieces but it took forever to get this trailer full lol. We filled and emptied it three times and stacked it in his basement.
KIMG2727.JPG

Last edited:
short pieces suck Mike, good job helping him out, last night was a big fail for me, set the valves on the wifes 05 cummins, went half mile and number 1 exhaust backed off and launched the bridge off, no harm done but didnt take my phone so had to run back to the shop, my old butt don't like that, pulled it back and reset stuff and all good! didn't get home til like 10:00 my butt is dragging today

Reactions: jblnut and sloeffle
Pops and I started clearing out a tree line a while back.
IMG_0051.jpeg

The bucket on the 7400 made a really nice saw stuff transporting device. Held everything nicely and was easy to work off of.
IMG_0052.jpeg

Lots of nice Ash in the line we mowed off. I acquired a Red Lever 026 last fall and had it ported and I put a wrap handle off an 044 on it. This thing is a little beast !!
IMG_0050.jpeg

There were a couple decent sized trees in there that gave the 066 a workout. His big poplar was all the 32” SugiHara bar wanted. Santa dropped that bar off over Christmas in his UPS truck 😁
IMG_0065.jpeg

I acquired some wedges and got to making some poorly placed cuts to try them out.
IMG_0260.jpeg

All in all we cleaned off about 800’ of space. Having the trees gone again will open up more useable ground and allow me to put an irrigator through both fields at once one day.
IMG_0263.jpeg

I did a lot of the cutting with Dads 041. This thing will rattle your brains out but it has such a nice exhaust note and you almost can’t stall it with a 20” bar. It just digs in and goes. Dad purchased this new almost 50yrs ago and I have no plans to get rid of it any time.
IMG_0282.jpeg

How in the world did we ever get anything done before skid loaders !?
IMG_0290.jpeg

This new little red wagon sure is sweet for hailing crazy amounts of wood home at once !
IMG_0291.jpeg

This along with everything plus two more loads than what’s in the 4th picture is what we hauled home. Between this pile and a few other piles I have in various places I “should” have enough wood for next year already. And I recently secured a pasture to clear out not far away that is full of HUGE Red and White oaks. The guy wants to farm it again and doesn’t want the wood. Uh yes I’ll come cut it down ! Likely will be a bunch of nicer stuff we’ll save for saw logs but there will be a ton of firewood as well. I’m pumped !
IMG_0292.jpeg

Last edited:
Hauled all the stumps and brush off the field today !! I dug them out a while back and finally got to getting them gone.
IMG_0709.jpeg

Couple big ones in there lol
IMG_0706.jpeg

This one will need to get drug off the field. I cloud barely push it with the skiddy !
IMG_0710.jpeg

All in we hauled 35 loads like this today with another 20ish left. It’s going to be a monster brush pile fire one day this fall !
IMG_0711.jpeg

Mike, those aren't big lol, I grubbed a huge cotonwood out once that my D7E couldn't even push the root ball, took the excavator and the 7 to get it out of the hole, then tied an 8950 onto it with a chain and the D7 pushing to get it down the hill to the burn pile, that was interesting. It is nice though to be able to get some work done this time of year without being buried in snow or mud!

A buddy called and asked if I wanted to play with chainsaws and help him cut down a big dead codominant elm. Play with chainsaws AND a tough fall ? Well duh !
IMG_0820.jpeg

I brought the logging van. It’s suited for this task quite well. To be honest, it’s suited for every task quite well 😂
IMG_0818.jpeg

I didn’t want to stand on a ladder so he brought me a roundy to stand on. It worked very well !
IMG_0821.jpeg

Yahtzee! This as a nasty one. Cutting above the split was the right call I think.
IMG_0825.jpeg

With the stump this one was almost 100’ tall. That’s a decent sized tree for our parts !
IMG_0823.jpeg

Running this 066 is like wrestling a hog. It’s a blast, you get dirty and you know you’re going to be exhausted when you’re done.
IMG_0829.jpeg

@jblnut nice job, you can come run my 084, bit of a trip but I have a big ash needs to come down, probably going to have to use the loader and limb it some first, then push it the way I want it to go once its more uniform.

@jblnut nice job, you can come run my 084, bit of a trip but I have a big ash needs to come down, probably going to have to use the loader and limb it some first, then push it the way I want it to go once its more uniform.
That’d be a great time ! I can’t honestly think of what I’d need something larger for than this 066 can handle. Makes me feel like someone is going to come cut a corner off my man card for saying that lol.

I have a buddy up here that has started a tree service and he brought “a few” loads of wood he didn’t have a home for over the other day. It’s all Ash and maple so I can’t really argue with that!
IMG_0850.jpeg

A little while back he dropped off a couple loads with some big stuff in that I finally got around to blocking up. That 066 and 32 inch bar looks pretty small on those chunks 😂
IMG_0857.jpeg

Reactions: cumminstinkerer
I got the 084 more as a novelty, a buddy and I own it together, but that thing with a 36 inch is sure nice on some of them big chunks, we have gotten a few logs that are so big we don't even try, when you have to just roll them with the 1845C and they are forks they go to the burn pile

I wish we had some big trees to use my big saws on
I break out my 661 once in a while just because,but never any real work for it

I wish we had some big trees to use my big saws on
I break out my 661 once in a while just because, but never any real work for it.
I don't use it all that often aside from blocking up big stuff at home. It's run to run but makes me realize I'm not in the best physical condition lol

Reactions: cumminstinkerer
I loaded up all the non-splitter stuff that got dropped off to move it over to the spot I have the rest of the wood today.
2024-03-20 13.30.31.jpg

Little red tractor dumping the little red wagon for the first time. It did well !
2024-03-20 13.34.16.jpg

Next to move was all the stuff that needs to be split. Two big loads of this stuff ! Made the tires squat on the tractor a little lol. Gonna have to pump 'em up !
2024-03-20 14.21.54.jpg