New tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
inevitabLEE said:
I dread draggin my butt up into the truck to get those last chunks at the end of the day!
Drive fast in reverse... stop fast. Problem solved.

I always just reached over the sides and scratched up the paint with the metal buttons on my Carhartts.

I used to move logs around with a pickaroon at a paper mill. We had a blacksmith that made the heads for them. So many guys would stick their shins or feet with them that they outlawed them and forced us to use long pike poles instead. If they just had longer handles on the pickaroons, workers wouldn't have stuck themselves. The pike poles didn't grip as well and when they slipped out, it could throw you off balance. I broke my big toe when my pike pole let go and I lost my balance causing me to stub my toe.

LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE said:
I dread draggin my butt up into the truck to get those last chunks at the end of the day!

I always just reached over the sides and scratched up the paint with the metal buttons on my Carhartts.

I used to move logs around with a pickaroon at a paper mill. We had a blacksmith that made the heads for them. So many guys would stick their shins or feet with them that they outlawed them and forced us to use long pike poles instead. If they just had longer handles on the pickaroons, workers wouldn't have stuck themselves. The pike poles didn't grip as well and when they slipped out, it could throw you off balance. I broke my big toe when my pike pole let go and I lost my balance causing me to stub my toe.
Only one problem. Theres a big sliding glass door right above the wood chute where we used to throw wood in at dads. Mom woodn't be impressed with a reverse hack job busted window!!!! :shut:

LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE said:
]Drive fast in reverse... stop fast. Problem solved.

Last time I did that I blew out a rusty brake line!

I usually split as I unload so I don't want the rounds in a pile on the ground anyway.

Flatbedford said:
LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE said:

I usually split as I unload so I don't want the rounds in a pile on the ground anyway.
Then don't brake quite so hard and the rounds will stop at the tailgate.

Backwoods Savage said:
Nice tool Steve. That will ease your work load a lot.

Haha +1 Never grow up Dennis its hell on your milk crate !

LLigetfa said:
Flatbedford said:
LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE said:

Now that's skill! :lol:

Flatbedford said:
I can see that working pretty well too. The sharp point of the Pickeroon probably makes it easier to grab stuff though.

But the hoe is a much lighter, one handed operation and i don't have to worry
about punching holes in the bed of my truck : )

I bought a load handeler LH3000 last spring precisely for this purpose. It leaves a few pieces stuck behind the wheel wells but their easy to reach.
Of course they only work well with a bedliner.
That is a nice looking tool.

MasterMech said:
LLigetfa said:
Flatbedford said:
LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE said:

Not if you close the tailgate. :)

LLigetfa said:
MasterMech said:
LLigetfa said:
Flatbedford said:
LLigetfa said:
inevitabLEE" date="1325733374 said:

Not if you close the tailgate. :)

"Hey Bro, hold my beer and watch this"

Status
Not open for further replies.