New tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Our new tractor finally came in. They delivered it today. We ordered back in August. Its a john deere 3033r. Can't wait to put it to work. One thing for sure is, gonna need some more weight in the back.

20211124_162206.jpg

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Plenty of stuff to do with it. Just gotta find time to do it. Stupid time change

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Works lights? A couple on the front and back should light up the place.

Beet juice. It's heavier, and less corrosive.
We are probably going to add a couple lights the rear. The front are pretty bright. I was thinking beet juice or rim guard because it is heavier pound per gallon. Just have to find a place in town that has them.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
I agree, they should get rid of it. On average, what do you get for low temps in the winter? I have a battery maintainer hooked up to the battery on our 4540 because of the colder weather in the winter time and even in the summer.
I live in southeast MO and the coldest it's been in the fast few years was -4°for few days. We get the hot humid summer days. I have a battery maintainer I can put on it in the winter. That's a good idea especially since the tractor won't get used everyday. Which is a bummer. It's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home.

Reactions: thewoodlands

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Nice, even though it is the wrong color.....LOL . Good luck and enjoy. You'll end up "making it yours" for sure. Men have a tendency of making their trucks, tractors and guns a personal thing.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
Wrong color?!! Lol. I knew that was coming. My dad and I aren't brand loyal. On the farm we have 2 no 3 deeres, and kubotas. We looked and did a lot of research. First one we looked at was a kubota l3560se. Loved the tractor but it was a little too big for what we wanted it for. The comparable size kubota to the deere 3r series would have been the l kubota l01 series. I my self did not care for them. Hydrostats are extremely loud and the pedal was a deal breaker. Dealers also plaid a big factor. Kubota/new holland and deere dealers are all local. We thought about mahindra, ls, branson, kioti, all those dealers except kioti have came and gone over the years. Kioti won't have any tractors in for another 6 months. So parts is what worried me about the other brands. And also we priced a kioti and deere wasn't as far off as I thought it would be plus snp is offering a 10yr powertrain warranty