new Vapor Fire 100 with very poor heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 30 degrees out and 75 degrees in the house with this fire. Blower on low with a 89 degree temp coming from the closet register from the woodfurnace. It will remain this way for at least another hour before I load for bed.
boo I'm only into fires from Kuuma's sorry

32 outside
73 inside
Good till... IDK 10 or 11 at night?... I usually just wait till the coal bed is 4 or 5 inch's wide...

Attachments

• IMAG0633.jpg
    IMAG0633.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 191
It's 30 degrees out and 75 degrees in the house with this fire. Blower on low with a 89 degree temp coming from the closet register from the woodfurnace. It will remain this way for at least another hour before I load for bed. Prior to this, I would have had the furnace burning full bore before the improvements to maintain 68 degrees in the house. Yes....tightening a house can make that much difference. Been there...done that!
Oh and please don't forget Ive been working on the house every weekend... thats how I got to 73... My Clayton could have heated the house to 75 with the front door open. I guess I have to let go... don't I?

My Clayton could have heated the house to 75 with the front door open
That reminds me of a story my wife tells...she worked as a home health aide years ago...one of the places she stopped sometimes, left their back door open, all the time...so the chickens could come into the kitchen to get their feed and water! !!!

That reminds me of a story my wife tells...she worked as a home health aide years ago...one of the places she stopped sometimes, left their back door open, all the time...so the chickens could come into the kitchen to get their feed and water! !!!
feed and water is not the issue... was it warm?

I don't leave doors open man, never did... Im trying to make a point... it was that much over kill I could have...

feed and water is not the issue... was it warm?
Dunno...I suspect it was summer when she was stopping there.
I don't leave doors open man, never did... Im trying to make a point... it was that much over kill I could have...
Oh I know...never thought you did leave the door open...now, a window, maybe ;)
That's why they call them "windowstats"

Dunno...I suspect it was summer when she was stopping there.
Oh I know...never thought you did leave the door open...now, a window, maybe ;)
That's why they call them "windowstats"
:)
at this point when you spend 10k and the house is cold you got to laugh...

:)
at this point when you spend 10k and the house is cold you got to laugh...

No doubt, I don't blame a guy for being frustrated. Especially after all the trouble your going through.

All said and done, in hind sight could have had an indoor boiler with storage inside your garage and heated it with the radiant heat while keeping a comfortable house temperature.

That's the crap shoot with this game lol. Try to make an investment, save money and it comes to shoot back in the foot.

I think your new Harmon pellet stove will definitely heat your upstairs. We used to have one in the same position, and location that my tundra sits. It's a corn/pellet Harmon stove and it kept the place toasty on low.

Out of all the pellet stoves I have used (ex. Kozi, james town, drolet, englander, trager.) Harman out performed maintenance wise, and pellet consumption was much lower than the other brands. The PF 100 Harmon pellet furnace was by far the best. The drolet eco 65 is an absolute pellet pig far as I'm concerned.

Good luck and let us know your results.

Reactions: gary38532
No doubt, I don't blame a guy for being frustrated. Especially after all the trouble your going through.

All said and done, in hind sight could have had an indoor boiler with storage inside your garage and heated it with the radiant heat while keeping a comfortable house temperature.

That's the crap shoot with this game lol. Try to make an investment, save money and it comes to shoot back in the foot.

I think your new Harmon pellet stove will definitely heat your upstairs. We used to have one in the same position, and location that my tundra sits. It's a corn/pellet Harmon stove and it kept the place toasty on low.

Out of all the pellet stoves I have used (ex. Kozi, james town, drolet, englander, trager.) Harman out performed maintenance wise, and pellet consumption was much lower than the other brands. The PF 100 Harmon pellet furnace was by far the best. The drolet eco 65 is an absolute pellet pig far as I'm concerned.

Good luck and let us know your results.
I will and thats just what I have into the VF100... I got another 5k into the pellet burner... plus all the insulation which I haven't added up yet

Thats what you get when you buy a VFcold... I could have left my old set up alone and not spent anything and been warm!

I would have burned alot more wood yes.... someone find me 15k worth of wood to make it worth my money and time...

You cant brag in 30... I can let the stove go out in that temp

:rolleyes:

It was in response to laynes post. I just thought it was a neat coincidence. Different parts of the country with the same outdoor/indoor temps with a similar fire state at the same time.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

It was in response to laynes post, which he must have deleted. I just thought it was a neat coincidence. Different parts of the country with the same outdoor/indoor temps with a similar fire state at the same time.
I just want to see those indoor temps in 0 is all.... with no help

Keep it 75 in 0.... with no help!

I just want to see those indoor temps in 0 is all.... with no help

0° is not an issue. Will 76° at -14° work for ya.....

DSC00725.JPG

How about 68° IN THE MORNING towards the end of the burn when it's -37° out.

DSC00768.JPG

It's pointless to compare two different houses with two different heat loads. Our place is not very efficient, but nothing like yours is. Either your place loses a ton of heat or the setup/dynamic is just not optimal.

Reactions: woodey
0° is not an issue. Will 76° at -14° work for ya.....

View attachment 256270

How about 68° IN THE MORNING towards the end of the burn when it's -37° out.

View attachment 256271

It's pointless to compare two different houses with two different heat loads. Our place is not very efficient, but nothing like yours is. Either your place loses a ton of heat or the setup/dynamic is just not optimal.
oh bullshit you told me you use propane after 68

oh bullshit you told me you use propane after 68

huh??? You've got the wrong guy. I'm not motoguy, in case you didn't notice. I've never said such a thing. I heat 98%+ with wood.

This is from last winter:
1580531298044.png

Reactions: woodey
Status
Not open for further replies.