New Vermont Castings EB2 Technology

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webmaster said:
I've been doing a little snooping around to see what the next big thing in wood stove tech is.......it does seem that the hybrid design might have a place in the future.

I think we have to keep this in mind. Cats or fast burning non-cats were the way to go to pass the EPA standards. However, the future is calling for even tighter standards (PM 2.5 plus high efficiency for rebates, tax credits, etc.). It makes sense that designs which use both technologies could be of benefit.

It will be interesting to see the first batch of reports come in this winter.

Lower emssions #'s are for sure coming.. every stove co guy I know has it on their minds. The VC thing was showed at the HPBA expo, it's basically a 2ndry rear chamber (that I am sure meets current epa regs) outfitted to take a cat (albiet a cat smaller in size, due to the already low tested emission from these non cat units) that could comform to upcoming strict standards. I myself do not know where to stand on this issue. it will cause the industry to re-do yet again. Last time that happened, alot of established comapnies went down (coupled w/ the lower fossil fuel prices at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.