New "Vintage" Bullerjan Free Flow Stoves

kgdenny Posted By kgdenny, Jul 11, 2019 at 5:09 PM

Dismiss Notice
System Upgrade. Monday 9/16 7am central time.Thanks for your patience.
  1. kgdenny

kgdenny
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2019
    Loc:
    South Carolina, USA
    Hello,

I recently purchased a old store front building that was packed with tons of stuff. It was like a time capsule from the 70s. After going to through everything, I found two (2) Free Flow stoves. Both stoves are still strapped to their shipping pallet and have never been used. After using Google, I learned about Bullerjan. Is there any added value to these because they are new, unused from the 70s? (I assume 70s). There is a metal plate that was on the one that the box disintegrated so I could see it has a model number and a person's name. Are they marketable in the US? The locals that I have shown them to basically do two things 1) stand back in disbelief of all the junk that was in the building and 2) comment on how cool the stoves look and ask if I want to sell them. Does anyone know of an expert I can send pictures to so that they can be authenticated and valued?

2. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    Post some pictures

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    But yes they are absolutely marketable here. I am sure there are plenty of people who would want one. It is just a matter of finding them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kgdenny

kgdenny
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2019
    Loc:
    South Carolina, USA
    Here are the pics. What are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

5. kgdenny

kgdenny
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2019
    Loc:
    South Carolina, USA
    I previously thought they were from the 70s but the model tag indicates 1980

6. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    That just isn't as good looking as some other similar stoves I have seen. These were never great performers but they look cool so they have some appeal.

7. kgdenny

kgdenny
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2019
    Loc:
    South Carolina, USA
    Ok, good to know. When I get them out from the rest of the clutter I will clean them up and see if I can sell them.

Thanks,

8. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    You might be able to market them to guys looking for a heater for their "man cave" or whatever. It looks a bit industrial/hot rod. I think these stoves are even still in production in Germany.

9. kgdenny

kgdenny
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2019
    Loc:
    South Carolina, USA
    Yes, I found Bullerjan when I googled Free Flow stove, etc. I’ll put them up for sale locally and see how it goes. I was trying find out if there was anything ‘unique’ about these since they apparently are the original ones prior to Bullerjan owning the design.

Thanks for the feedback.

10. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    Yes the design is unique. But there are other ones that are much better looking. I have seen them with glass doors and cast labels instead of crappy weld levels. Functionaly they look like they will work the same. Lots of quick heat but burn through tons of wood to do it.