New Vistaflame VF-170

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our VF170 back in 2008 and burn about 5 1/2 ton a winter.We have a 1500 sqft ranch and stove is in the basement so we are heating about 3000 sqft.up until this winter we have always kept setting on 2 and had great results the basement stays at 80 and upstairs is between 72-74. We have burned many different types of pellets over the years and this year have 2 different brands, but stove just doesn't seem to be putting out the heat this year.In past years we have bought 300 lbs of corn and added about a gallon of corn to every 2 bags of pellets.but even that isn't helping.Can anyone give me some input on what the problem might be.I know it could be the pellets or the unusual cold.Just asking.We regularly clean the stove and vent pipe. Thanks in advance.
Is the vf170 rated for corn? I thought it was straight pellets only!?

Status
Not open for further replies.