New wood burner seeking wood furnace help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moerules

Feb 18, 2010
Yale,MI
Hello all , Well Ive had enough with the 500 a month propane bills and am going to start heating with a add on furnace.Im looking at an Ashley 30a rated to heat up to 3000 foot home which at this moment mine is only 2100 but going to build an addition with the money I save burning wood LOL! Is this a decent unit can pick it up for around 1500 and seems to put out more than the ons at TSC and it cost a little less. I also wanted to ask about using my old chimney that my furnace uses now. I plan on building a new chase for the furnace and using my brick one for the wood stove. I want to line it as there is no lining in it now and pretty old 50 plus years. Can I just run solid black stove pipe in it or is there something else I should use?? Sorry for all the ?? But only want to do this once. Thanks Moe

Stove pipe is never an acceptable liner and is illegal in most places to use as such. While there are a few different options for lining a chimney most people opt for some sort of stainless flexible liner which is dropped down the chimney and connected to a t or thimble on the bottom.

www.homesaver.com

This is the brand I sell the most of and they have a lot of good information for someone shopping for liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.