New wood hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Truck.jpg
Picked up new wood hauler. Now I can get back to cutting.

nice.. reminds me of my old 99 tahoe z24.. man I miss that thing. 5.7l (350 engine?)
Push and pray 4x4?
I had the hood up every weekend on that damn thing but I still loved it!

I had a '95 almost identical to that. It was a great truck literally hauled ton's of wood in it!

I have a '96 Z71 w/5.7. It's a beast. Just had her loaded with 2500 lbs of oak a couple weeks ago. Over limit I know, but as long as you don't touch the bumpers onto the axle and your not far from home it can take it. Had it for 12 years and still going strong. Yours looks a lot nicer than mine though!Congrats on a great truck.

Very nice...I wouldn't mind something like that myself...

That's a great truck - that's from a time when the big 3 use to build real trucks, if you wanted something nice with all the bells and whistles you either got a car or a van. Now when you look at new truck the 1st thing the dealer does is show you the tv radio, heated seats, power everything.

I have a real problem with the power stuff these days. I've had 2 door locks and 2 power windows go bad on 3 different vehicles from 3 different brands. The more electronics they put in chit the more disposable it is.

Reactions: Applesister
Status
Not open for further replies.