New Years Plans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
jeff_t said:
Certainly not planned, but ended up at the ER with our six year old. Presented with almost classic symptoms of appendicitis, without the really severe abdominal pain and guarding. She was very uncomfortable, and just way off. The staff was pretty persistent in trying to rule it out, but couldn't explain the high white count. After xrays and ultrasounds, they finally confirmed with a ct. And of course my child is different than most, and the routine 45 minute appendectomy turned into an hour and a half.
She finally just ate for the first time since yesterday morning, and really perked up. Watching some TV and chillin'. Probably go home sometime tomorrow. We are fortunate to live about about 15 minutes away from one of the best pediatric centers in the world. Staff and facility at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital at the University of Michigan are top notch. While definitely not fun, it's been a really positive experience.

Good Lord !! Sending some horse snuffles :)

Hey, thanks.
Actually just made a run to the house. Played with the dogs for a bit, grabbed a shower, packed up some clothes and shower stuff for mom, and got the macbook. And chucked the stove full of the good stuff. Really diggin the BK right now. We left in a bit of a rush last night, so I didn't get a good jenga load in it. It didn't take long to get it rippin again, and I did stuff it good this time. With the temps dropping and the wind whipping, I won't expect a toasty warm house tomorrow, but it will be tolerable.

Good to read that she made it through that okay! There are times I am so grateful for the medical care we have available. Best wishes to all for an uneventful recovery, and kudos to the BK for keeping the house warm in your absence.

ETA: and I, too, want to hear about the Christmas party. I started to laugh, reading that, and almost told my teenthings about your plan. And then I reconsidered, and did not. ;-)

Jeff T . . . glad to hear your little one is on the mend.

Schlot . . . don't keep us hanging . . . we need to know how this ended.

--

As for me I went to a friend's apartment in Bangor . . . ate a lot of food, had a good time, drank a lot of Moxie, tried to set up a woodstove in middle of his kitchen/living room, etc. . . .

Here we are setting up a tent woodstove in middle of my buddy's apartment . . . someone took video, but it never came out . . . which is probably good since at one time I was straddling the stove pipe as if it was a stripper pole.

Attachments

• woodstoveaaron.jpg
    woodstoveaaron.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.