Newbie help please: New home with fireplace labeled gas logs only, but can I put in the Heat & Glo F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goblue

Jan 30, 2010
FL
I have a new home in FL with a large 42 inch stone fireplace that has a chimney. Looking inside I see a metal vent that does not close and looks like an upside down party hat. No flu.

There is a label that says not a wood burning fireplace at the bottom, and there is a gas line coming into it.

I like the Heat & Glo Fireside Grand Oak log set, but that set says "Only for wood burning fireplaces" on it!

It fits, it's gas, I have a chimney that can't be closed, I'm not trying to bring more heat into my FL home.

Can I use it in my fireplace?

Thanks

No. Follow directions!

Sure, go ahead, don't worry about the fact that the instructions of both items of your proposed install say NOT to use them with each other. What do all those engineers and stuff know anyway. I am sure they are just some kind of safety nazis.

My wife points out that I should clarify my position based on the long term legal ramifications of internet advice.. NO, don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.