Newbie here - PE Summit ordered right now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
thank you for such a nice forum which helped me a lot in selection my new chimney.

I decided for PE Summit, I should receive a "B" generation - looking forward to it. I'm not living in US nor in Canada - I'm from middle Europe (CZ if you look to the map, right next to Germany).
I'm quite sure I will be one of the very first "B" generation (hopefully) happy owners here in Europe :)

And small question: what is the maximum chimney draw allowed for this stove? Actually I have 6 meters (=20 foots) SS chimney with diameter 200mm (approx 8 inch), well isolated. It will create draw about 25 to 30 pascals (depending on temperature).
Any experiences with similar configuration? Should I install a draft regulator? http://www.pexsupply.com/Field-Controls-6-RC-6-Draft-Regulator-for-Wood-Oil-or-Coal

Regards
Jan.

The stove calls for 6" chimney, minimum height is 15'. So your good on the height. The diameter may or may not be an issue.
Try it out and if it gets a good draft with the 8", your fine. If the draft is sluggish, you may have to try extending the stack or swapping for 6".
Congrats on your decision of the Summit, and enjoy. It is a great heater.

I doubt you will need a damper. If you do, get an inline pipe damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.