Newbie looking for advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Quick update on my wood stove search.

After researching and quoting many stoves from Jotul, Lopi, P.E. and BK from local dealers I have come to the conclusion that these stoves are a couple years out of the budget. Just watched The Money Pit last night with Tom Hanks, and our renovation experience has been similar.

I had resolved myself to just continue using the Morso 1125 we have installed now, it needs firebrick and a log retainer but is in pretty good condition. This morning I was searching for the NC-13 from Englander at Home Depot, it has been unavailable at my local stores and online for about a month. I checked Lowes and they were selling the Summers Heat version SNC-13 for $640. They were having an online only deal on the larger 50-SHSSW01 for $470.00, delivered to my door price of $579.00. I decided to pull the trigger. I will report back after I install it and burn a couple loads. I will most likely use this stove for 2-3 years in the house and then retire it to a cabin on the property.

Thanks to everyone for your help/advice. Happy burning.

Reactions: blacktail
Sounds like a screaming deal.

This is hard to believe. With regular use a cat will last about three years.
The F500v3 is a hybrid, the cat is just for cleanup and it is really large.