Newbie needing Ashley C92 manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregd66

Dec 10, 2015
Alabama
Hi, I just inherited an Ashley C92 wood heater. It's supposedly only a couple of years old. The manual wasn't with it, and I'm having no luck with google search. Any idea where the manual can be found? Thanks!

Thanks, I did find that site. Mostly parts but good for info! From what I've found out out, it's a catalytic type stove. What exactly is being catalyzed? Also it has a bypass door at the exhaust exit. Does this bypass the catalyst?

I'll try and answer since I'm here, hopefully somebody with more knowledge will come along.

A catalyst in a stove is similar to the catalytic converter in your car in that it has materials in it that when hot, burn off pollutants. In our cases, the catalyst burns off smoke, and actually creates more heat. When you say "bypass", I immediately think of my blaze king, and the bypass does exactly what you say. However, I am not familiar with the stove so I don't know any specifics.

Depending on how old and heavily used the stove was, you may need to replace the catalyst to get any good heat out of it.

That's what I was thinking about the cat. It sits between the firebox and pipe outlet? And the bypass diverts past the cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.