Newbie Question on Pellets (WV)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aa8pk

Oct 15, 2012
West Virginia
Hello all, I've been browsing the site here and its awesome for useful knowledge. I bought a pellet stove last year to offset my electric bll and was amazed at the difference it made.

I was wondering if someone with more experience than me could help me make a decision on which pellets to try this year. Last year I used Lignetics (Green Label).

My options are:

Lignetics again - $230 a ton from a local lumberyard

Somerset - $220 a ton from TSC

American Wood Pellets - $200 a ton from Rural King

Thanks in advance for any and all information

Wow, Those are really decent prices! Hard to pass over Somersets, They have plenty of followers here! I love em, Just can't get them without a major haul to get em!

1st choice=Somersets $220/ton
2nd choice=Lignetics $230/ton

I won't comment on American Wood Pellets. I haven't burned them. I have burned American Wood Fibers and they did well, I'd rank them second if that were the case.

X2 with J man never burned Somersets, but never read a bad post about them. What stove do you have?

x3 w/ Jay Somersets are best in this area IMHO

They may be American Wood Fibers instead of Amercan Wood Pellets. I'm not 100% sure on the name.

I got a King Pellet stove from TSC last year. Fingers Crossed and knocking on wood, I didn't have any problems last year.

Thanks for the fast reply guys

Agree w/ Jay.....get the Somersets. If you have another place like Lowes or HD or Tractor Supply that sells some cheaper pellets like Stove Chow, get a ton of those too for the shoulder season and save the Somersets for the real cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.