Newbie question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pjames

Oct 27, 2018
Mass
Hi everyone,
New to Owb but not wood burning. Just had a Heatmaster C250 installed and my system has its own fan coil with its own stand alone duct work. My question is with the thermostat wiring, the ducts and fan coil are in cellar and thermostat upstairs (1st floor). I just need to wire thermostat to control the fan in the fan coil unit. The blue and red wires are wire nutted together running fan constant. I need to know where to put these 2 wires in thermostat. Thanks for the help

I'm assuming you are referring to the 24v. thermostat wires here.
Red is typically 24v. hot, goes to R, sounds like blue is tripping the fan relay? If so that would go to W. If you have a common wire it goes to C, Used to run the stat display, optional with batteries.
It's not a bad idea to put a 3 amp fuse inline to keep from blowing the transformer if you mix things up.
Is it a 1000 Honeywell, or one of the new T1's?