Newbie says thanks....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
What a great information source this forum is! I started out a couple months ago with an idea of replacing our old manufactured fire place, not knowing a thing about options the market offered or what would be applicable to my set up. I knew I enjoyed the wood gathering process - just this past month I have spend 3 afternoons in the nearby woods with a couple friends cutting, splitting and stacking (as one with an office job getting outside like this is stress relief!). I also love a fireplace. With oil prices going up I wanted the alternate source of heat. So, I headed out on my journy and this forum provided me with many thoughts to consider.
I found thoughts on different brands, pay back calculations, wood types, burning tips, etc...
My project is in process.... I pulled out the old unit, chimney and brick facing. The demo and prep work is now complete and ready for the install - Fireplace Xtrordinair 44 Elite. I hope to have it installed next week - depending on delivery to the dealer. I will then be building a rock hearth and facing... a friend is awesome at this and I want to learn.
So, thanks for all the great insight! I'll try and post a picture once the project is done.

Welcome CJ. Good to have you aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.