Newbie wants to say thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquared

Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Vancouver Island B.C.
I wanted to say thanks to the members who's posts helped me figure out how to replace the cat on my Encore Defiant. I've had it for 7 years and never even looked at the cat.(shocking, I know) The next project is to replace all my gaskets.
I burn a mix of Douglas fir, maple, red cedar, and arbutus(madrona). There's lots of free or nearly free fir here as we had several huge storms last winter that blew down trees everywhere.(I cooked on top of our stove for 5 days when we lost power.) Again, thanks and I will add what I can to the conversation although it will probably be questions about various stuff.
T2

Status
Not open for further replies.