newbie with questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damion

Feb 7, 2014
whitehouse tx
Hey all,new on forum and to wood stoves.I aquired a new buck model 41 for free.its in good shape also.I bought about 8 feet of triple wall (12" outer galvanised)for $40 with 8" to 6" reducer pipe and wall thimble.I was desperate to hook up(electric bills)and went out window like he had done years ago.problem is I just can't get a good draw on this stove.in 5-6 feet I probably have 4-5" of out of level.I will be going threw roofsoon but till then this is driving me crazy.is it the stove or pipe or??thanks all

Welcome. What you are doing sounds very risky. Going out a window is not legal or safe. Are you sure the triple wall you purchased is class A High Temp pipe and not lower rated 1700 degree, fireplace pipe?The 90 deg. turns in the pipe are killing draft probably if the run is short.Take a picture or two and post them here and we can see what else is not working.

This stove needs to be connected by the book with respect to clearances, flue and hearth. If going up through the roof it will need the proper pipe and fittings for safety and performance. The total height of the flue system will need to be about 15 ft. Please hang around here and get proper directions. Your life could be at risk by a poor installation.

Welcome. What you are doing sounds very risky. Going out a window is not legal or safe. Are you sure the triple wall you purchased is class A High Temp pipe and not lower rated 1700 degree, fireplace pipe?The 90 deg. turns in the pipe are killing draft probably if the run is short.Take a picture or two and post them here and we can see what else is not working.

This stove needs to be connected by the book with respect to clearances, flue and hearth. If going up through the roof it will need the proper pipe and fittings for safety and performance. The total height of the flue system will need to be about 15 ft. Please hang around here and get proper directions. Your life could be at risk by a poor installation.
yup I know its risky,but I do keep a close eye on it and never leave house with it going.I'm not sure of the degree of pipe.if you can tex or call me I can send you pics over phone.ill get the horizontal orangy with the slope in inches.damion 903-830-2422

Post the pics here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.