Newmac indoor wood furnace help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tbone1387

Jan 13, 2020
Millbrook Ontario
Hey all, new to forum so please bear with me!

I bought a house with a indoor newmac wood furnace oil combo. I am thinking after about a month of steady burning I am ready to do a service on the wood burning portion. The only thing is I know nothing about it. I have grown up on inserts and wood stoves.

The model is a CL11570C. I obviously keep the inside clean and scraped and leave about two inch of ash to keep bottom from burning out as per manual but this is about all manual says. I can't figure out how to access heat exchanger except a little by pushing tool in channels on the outter inside of firebox and through the chimney pipe. Visibility is zero and hard to know if getting clean.

Any pointers or anyone familiar with this? I can see through the slot to oil burner side and can see the beginning of build up. I run oil at least a few hours every couple days which has helped keep that portion somewhat clean but still need to find a way to properly clean and service everything.

Yes I have called newmac and whoever bought them and zero help.
Thanks in advance