Nice score at Easter dinner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
We were heading out the door to go have Easter dinner with family and got a message that they had wood for me and that I should bring my trailer. I took the truck because it didn't look like much in the picture. I came home with almost a full cord! The truck is up to the cab with maple and elm. Probably the longest drive for wood I have ever made, but worth it. He used his little tractor and loader to bring it right to the truck and even helped load it.

I got to run my 350 and 372 because it was still in long chunks. The truck is still loaded and we will split it right off the truck tomorrow. It was a beautiful day with temps near 70⁰.

Here are some pics. All stacked it measured out to just shh of a full cord. 120 cu ft.

IMG_3946.jpegIMG_3945.jpeg

a truck like that shows the kind of work it does... i'd care less if the thing had no lights whatsoever, as long as it busts it's ass helping me get the job done, it's priceless!

Glad to see that I am not the only one starting to work on their stacks for next season. Weather is great for it right now.
That is an easy month of heat for us. I worked on the truck some more today. I put an exhaust on it (it was cut off behind the cat for the last 10 or so years). I ran 3" pipe and put a turndown in front of the rear axle. Its high enough to be protected. It's really quiet for no muffler.
I also replaced the drag link, so the steering is much tighter now. Door pins are next. I am hoping to haul wood like crazy this year.

Reactions: Newbie78
I worked on the truck some more today. I put an exhaust on it (it was cut off behind the cat for the last 10 or so years). I ran 3" pipe and put a turndown in front of the rear axle. Its high enough to be protected. It's really quiet for no muffler.
I also replaced the drag link, so the steering is much tighter now. Door pins are next.
1995?
I had one. Eight foot bed too. Loved that truck.
But had to sell it to buy my house in d.i.v.o.r.c.e.

FordF150_1995.JPG

Last edited:
1995?
I had one. Eight foot bed too. Loved that truck.
But had to sell it to buy my house in d.i.v.o.r.c.e.

View attachment 312008
OP's fender badge looks more like a '87-90 truck to me...I had a '95 F150 SC 4x4 myself...nice truck, but too easily overloaded with wood though...upgraded to a 03 Superduty.

Reactions: JamesGuido