No Blue Forge Owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOutdoors

May 12, 2008
Lempster, NH
I'm still researching just about every boiler out there and came across the Blue Forge. It looks like a "true" gassifier as it has a secondary burn chamber with a fan assisted blower. It looks like it holds quite a bit of water. There isn't much as far as specifications go on the website, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these boilers? I did a search on this forum and found a few topics but no one really had one? I did get an email from Cozy heat that Blue Forge was being retooled for production since they did some necessary updating on the boiler. Another site claims they are in full production.

I heard a rumor that they had problems with the refractory holding up over time. So maybe that's what the retooling business is all about. A BF dealer was supposed to exhibit at our recent show in Essex Jct., VT, but he bailed out, saying he couldn't get a unit to display. There are a few out there in the field (or were, at any rate), but nobody around here has one that I'm aware of.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke with someone at Ka-Les Distribution (manufacturer) and they said they stopped production until they could fix a "major" refractory problem.
It seems that the refractory is integral to the boiler and cannot be replaced. I mentioned the EKO has a replaceable brick hearth and his response was along the lines of "I wish I had thought of that". :eek:hh:
Seems like a really nice unit otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.