North East Free Wood Stove with Change out Program

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great; the company doing well I mean. So I can keep cautiously suggesting the Madison when people are looking for a budget mid-size stove? Any idea when you will have some info about it on your website?

should be soon on the info, the website is being completely remodeled right now which is probably the biggest part of the holdup. I just fired off an e mail to my web guy to have him send me a PDF of the manual i'll send it to you if ya want when he gets it to me, just PM me an e mail addy and i'll shoot it to you (or anyone else who wants a copy) will probably be Monday at the earliest I get the copy though.

as for the stove ive been playing with one in my burn trailer ( I have a converted semi trailer with pellet vents and a full blown 20 ft class A chimney installed in it docked at the south plant) bracing it was an exercise in excessiveness ;lol but it works quite well. i'd love to put one in the house but the wife loves the pellet stove and i'd have to replace the pellet stove with a smaller one and put it in my study then put the Madison in the kitchen where the chimney is

I grew up in a house with four open fireplaces. Very inefficient, but I have fond memories of countless evenings spent in front of them. To each his own, I guess... but I still don't see any sense in passing a law against them.

(I still own one open fireplace at my current house, in addition to the two fitted with Jotul 12's).

yeah, I get the concept. but my issue is with "new construction , modular homes mobiles and such with the "builders special" ZC fireplace. you're using it (as in the seller) as a selling point , but its near worthless as a heating appliance (plus they aren't the cleanest burning things around) in a older home which was built back before high efficiency stoves has a few fireplaces in it , its understandable , but these things are going into new construction and mod homes and the like and they are simply junk when it comes to heating. its not so much that I want to beat on the fireplaces for dirty burning so much as it irks me that the folks who buy these homes are IMHO getting gypped with these things

I think alot of people are unaware of a fact that would motivate a few buyers.

I would say to a fire place user , you like those fires in front of your fireplace. Warm watching the flames dance around.

Then proceed to tell them that alot of the heat in your house is being sucked up the chimney by an open fire place.

That one of the newer stoves out on the market would surprise them. It would actually heat their house efficiently
and not suck alot of the heat out of the house.

Then an important fact alot of people dont know or realize is these new stoves the glass stays clean you can feel the heat off the stove and
just like your fire place you can watch the flames dance around.

I think most people think of old stoves that the windows creosote up and just looks awful.

A simple fact most of us know the glass stays clean but I bet alot of people dont know.

I think alot of people are unaware of a fact that would motivate a few buyers.

I would say to a fire place user , you like those fires in front of your fireplace. Warm watching the flames dance around.

Then proceed to tell them that alot of the heat in your house is being sucked up the chimney by an open fire place.

That one of the newer stoves out on the market would surprise them. It would actually heat their house efficiently
and not suck alot of the heat out of the house.

Then an important fact alot of people dont know or realize is these new stoves the glass stays clean you can feel the heat off the stove and
just like your fire place you can watch the flames dance around.

I think most people think of old stoves that the windows creosote up and just looks awful.

A simple fact most of us know the glass stays clean but I bet alot of people dont know.

That's similar to my impression. People come and want a stove but with screen so they can feel and hear the fire burning. After a few nights they realize how well they can see the fire through the glass and how warm and cozy it is not just in front of the stove and soon the screen is gathering dust in the basement/garage. Once people see a modern stove/fireplace in action, this whole open fireplace thing is soon an afterthought.

For ambiance. A stove is nice, but doesn't have the crackle and pop or the same smell as an open fire. We have several houses built in the late 1600's - mid 1700's in my family, and every one of them has at least a few open fireplaces. They're always burning during family gatherings. For some people, it's not about heat or cost.

Let's outlaw Maserati and Lamborghini, while we're at it. There's no practical need for a car that fast or expensive. :rolleyes:

I am gonna try to be funny with my next statement.

If we want to see an open fireplace burning we can always go to crackerbarrel and eat breakfast.!!!

Reactions: Ashful
Sounds great; the company doing well I mean. So I can keep cautiously suggesting the Madison when people are looking for a budget mid-size stove? Any idea when you will have some info about it on your website?
For ambiance. A stove is nice, but doesn't have the crackle and pop or the same smell as an open fire. We have several houses built in the late 1600's - mid 1700's in my family, and every one of them has at least a few open fireplaces. They're always burning during family gatherings. For some people, it's not about heat or cost.

Let's outlaw Maserati and Lamborghini, while we're at it. There's no practical need for a car that fast or expensive. :rolleyes:

ok no problem with the occasional "ambiance" fire and if one has several fireplaces in a grand old home then you can leave an open fireplace , but in a mobile home or modular with a single fireplace that admittedly doesn't do much more than provide ambiance its kinda disingenuous to suggest its a capable heat source when the dwelling is being marketed.

as for the "supercars" if one can afford to own one , they can afford to put gas in it. and I agree there's no practical need for a 200 MPH car. but then its probably not being used for the daily commute either.

BTW , I have a PDF of the manual for the Madison downloaded onto my home computer now so if you would like a copy , PM me an e mail addy and i'll send it to you (or anyone else who wants a copy as well)

EDIT , just found out how to upload it (thanks BG) so its there to download now

Attachments

• 15-SSW01.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 751
Status
Not open for further replies.